Friday, October 2, 2009

Let me enlighten you

There are many things I can't live without in life. Family, Friendship, Food, Video games, the Internet and many others. But there was ONE thing in life I found and with it realized my true life's calling, Manga.

FREEZE! Before you think this blog is stereotypical what-so-ever. I am not a super saiyan japanophile weeaboo who only feeds off super popular comics like Naruto, Bleach, D. Gray-Man, Code Geass (more like Gay-ass) and other fanfiction spawners. I'm a girl who knows 3-years of japanese, wants to be the first female super saiyan and feeds of not-so-ordinary comics. Most importantly I see manga not as an article of reading leisure, but an art form and most importantly, my purpose in life.

I don't want drawing manga to be a hobby to keep while working at a crappy job. It's not going to be a guilty pleasure because there's nothing guilty about it. I want to be a manga artist. I want to draw comics for a living. It's rare to have a job that makes you more than happy to do it everyday. When I think of manga I think "If you love it so much, why not do it for a living?". I have many friends who are skilled at this art form, but downsize their skills as a "hobby". Often as a "When I have a stable job and get enough money then I'll pursue my dream" kind of thing. I refuse! I want--no--I WILL make my dream a reality. I love to create manga, and never in my life, have I had such determination to accomplish this dream. That is why drawing manga is not my hobby, but my life. I am a family person, though, so don't think I'm cooped up in a lonesome room using manga as my only company. That's another thing. I have a big family and I love them to death. So you can scratch off the "The socially inept manga artist" stereotype.

Basically I'll be blogging about Manga styles, techniques, family life and as an added bonus~
I'll be reviewing manga! And NO, It won't be ordinary super popular manga. I've grown a taste for a wide variety of manga, some classics, some new, each of them a different genre. It's nice to check out manga you might have never read before, no?
So let me be your akward-independent guide into the world of manga. Let me enlighten you without brainwashing you. So sit back and enjoy the ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment